KY 536/Mount Zion Road Update
The City of Union has received the following information from the Construction Manager/Communications Department of Kentucky Transportation Cabinet regarding the road widening and construction project on KY 536/Mt. Zion Road:
As updates are received from KYTC, we will post those updates here.
As of February 8, 2017
• Clearing and grubbing activities have been completed and contractor is removing piles of mulch and logs left from clearing operations
•Work on installing sanitary sewer pipe has begun and will continue as weather permits
•Work on a new box culvert at the intersection of Old Union Road and Hathaway Road is in progress and should be complete in a couple of weeks, weather permitting
As of January 3, 2017:
• Clearing and grubbing activities will continue for approximately another 4 weeks.
• Grading on new alignment in the Union town area adjacent to 42 to follow.
• Duke Energy is splitting their work into two sections. The area from Gunpowder Road to I-75 will be their priority section with the remainder of the project to immediately follow. Utility re-locations by the various utility companies is to be complete by Aug. 1, 2017. Cincinnati Bell and cable television installations will follow on the new Duke Energy poles.
• Harper Construction is having bi-weekly meetings with the utility companies until the companies have completed their work.
• Once utilities are clear, with the east end being first, then the contractor will start the part-width construction. Grading work will start along the north side of KY 536.