attractiveness of Union as a place to live and raise a family is
evident in the dramatic increase in population over the past 3 decades. In 1970, the population of Union was a mere 233 people, but by the year 2000 our population soared to 2893.
The 2010 US Census numbers showed growth of 86% since 2000 and a total population of 5,379 residing in 1,739 housing units.
2011 estimates show a total population of 5,512.
The family orientation of our community can be seen in the 2010 census numbers which show:
- Median Home Value: $244,300
- Homes with 4 or more bedrooms: 66%
Income and Education
- Median Household Income: $98,438
- Poverty rate: 2.7%
- High School Graduate or higher: 98.2%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 48.6%
- Crime rate: 1.9% (19 per 1000 residents)
- Crime statistics shows that compared to other communities of similar population size, Union
has a crime rate that is noticeably lower than the average.